- Men: Not all men.
- Tumblr: Bullshit!
- Cops: Not all cops.
- Tumblr: Fuck you.
- Carnists: Not all farms.
- Tumblr: THIS. Stupid vegans.
A carnist so shameless that he claims to be vegan just to win an argument.
Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
—Albert Schweitzer (via vegan-veins)
(please note, I like to look on both sides of the scale. That and I’m just bored…)
1. If creationists can’t do science, then why do Kent Hovind and Duane T. Gish, who are creation scientists, have professional degrees in science?
Because they had the means to go to college and take courses…
1. If creationists can’t do science, then why do Kent Hovind and Duane T. Gish, who are creation scientists, have professional degrees in science?
"Because they had the means to go to college and take courses required for these career positions."
To be fair, creation science is not science in the sense that it doesn’t apply the scientific method. Just because creation science postures itself to resemble real science doesn’t mean it is science.
The overwhelming consensus of the scientific community is that creation science is a religious, not a scientific view, and that creation science does not qualify as science because it lacks empirical support, supplies no tentative hypotheses, and resolves to describe natural history in terms of scientifically untestable supernatural causes.
2. If dinosaurs turned into birds, why are we not afraid of them?
"Some of us ARE afraid of them. Thanks, Hitchcock!"
Dinosaurs never “turned” into birds. There was never a single dinosaur that turned into a bird, any more than there was a modern non-human primate that turned into a human. Because that’s not what evolution is.
3. If homosexuality is right, then how come two people of the same sex not produce a child?
"All semen, no egg."
By that reasoning, anything that’s unnatural is “wrong”. Like bicycles, contact lenses, processed food, computers… Or anyone that cannot or does not reproduce is “wrong”, like the infertile, the asexual, or the celibate.
4. What purpose do we have if evolution is real?
"To make your own purpose within society."
Evolution does not negate the possibility for a divine being or creator. You can still believe both that a God created the universe and that evolution actually happens. Evolution has absolutely nothing to do with what kind of purpose you have in society.
5. You say Jesus never existed, but have you heard of the Shroud of Turin?
"There’s so many interpretations of Jesus’ physical appearance. How do you even know that’s him in the shroud?"
I had to look this one up. Basically, it’s a cloth that depicts someone who’s been crucified. And what does that show? That someone in human history has been crucified? I’ve got to go with common sense here and think that it’s likely more than one person has been crucified in early history. “Someone got crucified” doesn’t mean “Jesus lived!”
6. Why do we not see humans being born in the zoos from monkeys if we came from monkeys?
"I’m not exactly up to par on my evolution knowledge, but I’m pretty sure the theory suggests it happens over a long period of time, offspring after offspring."
No matter how much time you have, zoo monkeys will not turn into humans because again THAT IS NOT HOW EVOLUTION WORKS. Modern non-human primates will not evolve into modern homo sapiens. We share a common ancestor with these primates, we have both evolved from this common ancestor. So it’s not the case that “humans are evolved and apes aren’t”. We’ve both had the same time to evolve from our common ancestor, we just came out of the evolutionary wheel of time as different species.
7. Why do we go to church if God is not real?
"….uh…… because people said to do so."
It gives people a sense of community and reaffirms their beliefs which are not reaffirmed by any real experiences.
8. How did the Grand Canyon form?
9. Do you know that Jesus loves you?
"So does Barney. He made a song about it."
Since when does someone loving me mean I have to worship them or submit to them? Jesus sounds like one of those guys who believes in the Friend Zone.
10. If Christianity is false, then why is it popular?
"It’s been forced on others from different religions and borrows several pieces of other cultures and religions to make it easier to convert. Plus… you know… the death threats and tortures that were given in in earlier centuries if you didn’t believe."
If astrology is false, why is it popular? (It gives people easy answers.)
11. If you say Christianity is not true, then why do hundreds of people continue to become
savedconverted every day?
"Because people tell the others that show interest of the Good Word when given a chance and make the decisions to partake. "
Societal pressure (especially from family) and desperation.
12. Why do we not see half trees and half carrots, fronkeys, and crocoducks if evolution is real?
We just keep movin’ along on this “misunderstand evolution” train. Most species cannot biologically breed with one another to produce a cross breed. If you think evolution is just two species fucking and then a new species being born right after… just, no, stop. That’s insane troll logic.
13. Why is Richard Dawkins afraid to debate Ray Comfort?
"Whoever these people are, I highly doubt they would give each other a chance to debate these things because they don’t want to hear their beliefs being insulted."
Because Ray Comfort is an imbecile. He’s personally said that:
Professor Dawkins will never debate me because he knows I will publically press him for scientific evidence for Darwinian evolution (observable and testable), and he has none…
But most of all, he’s afraid to debate me because he knows that I would preach the gospel…something I always do in a debate. Such a thought is anathema to a God-hater.
Dawkins was offered up to $40,000 dollars to debate him and refused because he felt to do so would deprive him of any shred of dignity he had left. Once you start taking a man who didn’t even believe in gravity seriously, it can’t really be said that you “pick your battles”.
14. Did you know Christopher Hitchens was
savedconverted before death?
"That’s cool…. whoever that is."
Except it’s not true - it’s only a lie made up to make some people feel validated in their belief that atheists don’t really exist or “there are no atheists in foxholes”. Hitchens’ actual last words were “Capitalism, downfall”.
15. Are you aware Ray Comfort disproved atheism with a banana?
"I disproved my lack of gag reflex with a banana once…"
So that’s where the “if evolution is true, why doesn’t this banana EVOLVE to fit in my hand lol!” comes from?
16. Why do people laugh at evolutionists?
"Some of them are charming and witty.."
If by “evolutionists” you mean the majority of rational people, then some “evolutionists” get laughed at because they have careers in comedy or tell good jokes. (This question is almost too ignorant to address…)
17. How did the planets form when the Big Bang explosion all of a sudden happen? After all, you don’t see round objects form when something blows up.
"You never read this answer in religion either.."
The Big Bang isn’t really an explosion, it’s an expansion.
After the initial expansion, the universe cooled sufficiently to allow the formation of subatomic particles, including protons, neutrons, and electrons. Though simple atomic nuclei formed within the first three minutes after the Big Bang, thousands of years passed before the first electrically neutral atoms formed. The majority of atoms that were produced by the Big Bang are hydrogen, along with helium and traces of lithium. Giant clouds of these primordial elements later coalesced through gravity to form stars and galaxies, and the heavier elements were synthesized either within stars or during supernovae.
Planets did not just come shooting out of the big bang. The big bang was not an explosion of planets and stars into the space of the universe. The big bang was the expansion of the space of the universe.
18. If evolution is real, how can it explain gravity, angular momentum, human emotions, and why we worship God?
"Because those are different subjects of science completely… -_-"
That sums it up (except for the belief in God not being a science).
19. How did pond scum make living things appear out of nowhere?
"Must’ve been some pretty advance form of pond scum.."
I don’t understand what this question is referencing and it makes me worry that theists believe that atheists believe in magical pond scum.
20. How can evolution be true if we don’t see pocket watches or airplanes form by themselves?
"Because my secret lab keeps screwing it up. MWA HAHAHA!"
Because pocket watches and airplanes have creators, evolution doesn’t.
21. Did you know that dinosaurs and man lived together?
"Well yeah… I mean SOMEONE has to pilot the megazords.."
Someone needs to tell them The Flinstones wasn’t real…
22. If evolution is real, then why do caring people like Rick Santorum argue that it must be challenged in the classroom?
"Because he’s an attention-seeking half-wit that nobody finds all that important unless Fox News has a slow news day."
"CARING PEOPLE". Oh gosh.
23. Why are youtube atheists like AronRa and Thunderf00t afraid to debate Ray Comfort?
"Because, like me, they have no idea who that is."
He’s the poster child for the worst of theism, and somehow associated with bananas.
24. Why do we celebrate Christmas if Christianity is not real?
"Christians converted the Pagan celebration of the Winter Soltice into Jesus’ birthday for their convenience to convert."
25. If creationists can’t do science, then why does the website Answersingenesis have proven science articles from creationists that do science?
"Same reason Wikipedia can prove such topics."
Definitely not the same reason why Wikipedia can prove such topics. Proof for creation science does not exist. Why does a creationist website claim to have proof for creation science when there is none, you ask? Good question.
26. If evolution is true, then why can’t white people compete to be good in basketball like black people? After all, white people can’t jump!
"White people CAN jump and be in basketball like black people, you somewhat racist question!"
I know it’s a question that would get asked because of how often racism and American theism overlap, but… I just can’t bring myself to look at it.
27. Where do you decide to fit God in your everyday life if you don’t believe in him?
"Simply just don’t do it unless you have respect for other peoples’ beliefs and give them a chance to discuss their beliefs."
If I don’t believe in God, God is not in my life, nor do I need to “make room” for a God… kind of the whole point of atheism, don’t you think?
28. Why is Christianity the fastest growing religion if it’s false?
"Because it’s easier to believe in one god than whoever many.."
It’s not. From 1910-2010, the stance on religion that has the highest growth rate is actually atheism. But in the last decade alone (2000-2010), the religion with the highest growth rate was Islam. Hinduism also had a higher growth rate in that decade.
29. Do you feel free to commit murders, homosexuality, go to strip bars, steal, commit adultery, and do other sins since you believe there is no God?
"Well, considering there’s that chance you could go to jail and ruin your reputation for most of those deeds…."
If the only thing preventing you from committing harmful acts is God, you’re not really a moral person. I don’t need an almighty moral babysitter.
30. Why do the fossils say no to evolution?
"Holy crap! Talking fossils!"
31. Why did Darwin admit that how the eye formed is impossible?
"Because his theory was only a theory and not a conclusion.."
Darwin admitted that to many people it would seem the eye is so complex that it is almost impossible for it to be produced by “natural selection”, to which he followed with:
Reason tells me, that if numerous gradations from a simple and imperfect eye to one complex and perfect can be shown to exist, each grade being useful to its possessor, as is certainly the case; if further, the eye ever varies and the variations be inherited, as is likewise certainly the case and if such variations should be useful to any animal under changing conditions of life, then the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory. How a nerve comes to be sensitive to light, hardly concerns us more than how life itself originated; but I may remark that, as some of the lowest organisms, in which nerves cannot be detected, are capable of perceiving light, it does not seem impossible that certain sensitive elements in their sarcode should become aggregated and developed into nerves, endowed with this special sensibility.
TL;DR: Darwin says, “We may think it’s impossible, but science shows us it isn’t.”
32. Where did everything come from if there is no God?
"Mom and dad"
Did we skip that part about the Big Bang?
33. If there is no God, then why do we have laws that govern us, such as speed limits?
"To keep people from harming others and harming themselves."
If you have God, why do you need laws telling you what to do? Don’t know already know what’s right and wrong just from your Bible?
34. Do you know where you are going when you die?
"In a casket in the ground and in the tummies of worms"
35. Why do we not act like monkeys if it is true we came from monkeys?
"Ooh oooh oooh ahh ahh! Oh sorry, I like to occasionally.. monkey around from time to time.."
36. Why do we display The Ten Commandments in the courtrooms if you say the Bible is not real?
"Because religious people made the proper papers requesting for such a thing which had been approved of."
The Bible’s really a book. It really exists. And some people really place too much importance in it.
Lack of separation in church and state.
37. Why should be it wrong to rape if God is not real?
Let this one sink in.
(I’ll skip the more ridiculous questions from here)
38. Why is The Passion of The Christ very high on the Box Office?
39. How can America not be a Christian nation if there are way more churches than mosques?
40. How is the bible not real if it’s the most popular book read by man?
(inb4: Harry Potter reference)
41. How did the moon form?
42. Did you know that famous scientists like Newton, Sir Richard Owen, Einstein, Galileo, and Copernicus were creationists?
"Wrong! Einstein was an Atheist."
Wrong again! Einstein wasn’t actually an atheist. It’s what held him back from discovering useful information concerning quantum theory.
43. Why do we not see black people come from white people?
Oh my god.
44. Why are fruitflies still fruitflies in the lab experiments if they are claimed to prove evolution?
45. Did you know that the Piltdown Man was a hoax used for Darwinist propaganda?
46. Why do we not see frogs turn into birds?
"Because they turn into princes! Duh!"
47. Why is Fox News dishonest if it is a network run by truthful Christians?
LOOK AT THIS ONE
48. Why did Hitler fail to make a superior race if evolution is true?
"Genocide is an activity that not everyone really appreciates."